Mom Dec. 2011

Mom Dec. 2011
Mom at Christmas

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Musings of Grace

Remind yourself of who you really are:
A part of forever unseparate from the whole, of the divine reality.
From "This Timeless Moment" by Laura Archera Huxley



From my mother's notes, dated August 2009 ~

*******

I keep asking myself what I ought to do in the immediate future - the probably not very long future that is left me. How to be more loving, more aware, more useful or (if that isn't possible) more content and accepting. So far the answer hasn't come but perhaps it will.

*******

You must all forgive me for being so burdensome. I haven't yet learned to accept the fact of not feeling very well, of being mentally and physically diminished. Please be patient with me and remember that underneath the sense of being lost, I love all of you very much.

*******

I know what I am - a human
But not who.
I know who God is
But not what.

*******

I have always as far back as I can remember been able to be totally immersed in whatever I was doing at the moment. I have always considered it a grace and a blessing that I was born with, not something I learned or earned. This extended to seeing each person for what is inside of them past their clothes, hair and externals after a breath or pause. Is this perhaps what makes other persons see me as a perceptive, welcoming, present for them even when I often don't listen well?

No comments:

Post a Comment