Mom Dec. 2011

Mom Dec. 2011
Mom at Christmas

Monday, February 20, 2012

A note from mom 10/30/11

If there is a memorial for me please read this from me:

You have most of you listened to how I thought the Enneagram personality ideas were operative in understanding both our own and other's ways of reaciting to life around us. I thought all of you would enjoy and recognize me in the following:

Eight: The Confronter -
Eights ARE confronters --- they know the power of words.

You may regreat you met, but not forget you heard.
Ambitious and creative, lustin' after power
They think they'r right --- they stand and fight until you cower.

Tenderness lies hidden like a mountain vein of gold
Sparkles in their carin' for the young, the weak, the old
Justice is their purpose, but their strength makes people nervous
Only God is unafraid to lead them into service.
(From My Best Self by Kathleen Hurley & Theodore Dobson)

I always tried to balance my confronter side with my helper and thinker sides with varying success I'm sure, and I hope this bit of humor stays with each of you when I come to mind. And it was a mantra for me for a long time when I said I could hardly wait to see what came next.

1 comment: