Mom Dec. 2011

Mom Dec. 2011
Mom at Christmas

Monday, February 20, 2012

Paraphrase of Psalm 20

From a prayer card found amongst my mother's notes:

O my very dear friend,
How much I want to bear your burden.
To share your trouble!
But I can only pray that God may be
Very close to you in your sorrow
And keep and protect you
In the midst of your conflict.

May He remember that you are His own,
That you have dedicated your life to Him.
That your heart's desire
Is to serve and please Him.

May He reach out to touch and heal you.
May he fulfill your crying need
In this hour.
And may we soon rejoice together
Over your deliverance
And walk together in His service.

I know that God does stand by His own.
That our failures
Do not stay His loving hand,
That He can transform them into victories.

Men about us will put their trust
In rockets and computers;
But such will fail to solve
The real problems of our lives.
It is only in the name of God
That we who fall
Can find the grace to rise again.

Hear my prayer on behalf of my friend, O God.
I want to share in his defeat;
May I also share in his victory.

From Good Lord, Where Are You? by Leslie M. Brandt
Copyright 1967

No comments:

Post a Comment